The seventh meeting of the Asia-Pacific Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Network will bring together policymakers from the region to share knowledge and experiences on policy, promotion and facilitation of FDI for sustainable development. Discussions would include, among others:
- implications for investment policy in digital economy
- introduction of the ESCAP FDI policy and promotion handbook.
- investment provisions in regional integration agreements and frameworks
- international investment agreements and technology transfer
- investment-state dispute settlement prevention and management
- recent trends and developments in FDI and national legal frameworks and policies
- the role of image building in attracting sustainable FDI
- promoting regional cooperation mechanisms for harmonized investment regimes for sustainable development
The Handbook on policies, promotion and facilitation of FDI for sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific, developed and published by ESCAP, will be also introduced. Participants include designated FDI focal points, government officials and other policymakers, private sector representatives and researchers. This event is being organized as part of the Fifth Asia-Pacific Trade and Investment Week, 30 October-3 November, 2017.